Book a group tour
The Museum offers walking tours, in-person visits, and virtual tours for groups of all ages. For more information on all group opportunities, including additional costs for guided experiences and group scheduling, click below to complete the interest form.
FIELD TRIPS IN THE CITY
Tour length: 90 minutes to 2 hours
Max size for guided: 100
- Take your group on a self-guided or guided walking tour of Charlotte’s historic Brooklyn neighborhood with our free KnowCLT app, which allows you to see seven historic sites in Brooklyn as they once were through augmented reality!
- Guided experiences begin in historic Second Ward. Your guide will provide historic background on Brooklyn and Charlotte’s history as your group walks between each of the seven sites on the tour.
- Paid car parking is available in the lot by historic Grace AME Zion Church (219 S. Brevard St.).
- There is first come, first served bus parking at 500 S. Brevard St. in the lanes before and after the parking deck at the nearby NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Headphones are strongly recommended.
Recommended time: 1 hour
Max group size: 35
- Visit our New Uptown Charlotte Museum location on 401 S. Tryon Street.
- Please visit our Exhibitions page for our current in-person offerings. We offer guided tours.
- Admission to the museum is free but there is a small charge for guided tours.
- Group visits can be scheduled Tuesday through Sunday during the Museum’s open hours. Please use the form below to schedule all group visits.
- Group buses may drop off and pick up in front of the Museum at 401. S. Tryon St. There is first come, first served bus parking at 500 S. Brevard St. in the lanes before and after the parking deck at the nearby NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- There are no lunch facilities at the Museum, but there are many restaurants in walking distance.
VIRTUAL GUIDED TOURS
Tour Length: 1 hour
Max group size: 85
Platform used: Zoom
Equipment needed: Computer or mobile device, internet connection, speaker, and microphone.
Platform used: Levine Museum uses Zoom, but your organization or school’s platform can also be used as long as Levine Museum staff can be made a “host” as your presenter.
- Everyone can virtually experience one of three thematic tours of our From Cotton Fields to Skyscrapers exhibition on the history of Charlotte and the Carolinas.
- Piedmont after 1865 or a tour of our Brooklyn: Once a City Within a City exhibition.
- Supplemental materials can be provided with booked virtual tours on request.
- Tours include information provided by Museum staff, interactive participation opportunities, and a chance for a Q&A.
Growing Up in the New South: Journey through 150 years of New South history from a young person’s perspective. Learn about the experiences, from every day to revolutionary, of sharecropping children, mill kids, and young freedom fighters of the Civil Rights movement.
New South, New Women: Following the 100-anniversary year of the 19th Amendment, learn about the lives and achievements of Piedmont women and their agency in the labor, suffrage, and Civil Rights movements and beyond.
Carolina Civil Rights Journey: Discover the triumphs and challenges faced by African Americans in the New South after the end of slavery, and how Black North Carolinians fought for the promises of the New South to be kept.
Brooklyn, Once a City Within a City: Explore the rise and demise of Charlotte’s Brooklyn neighborhood, once the most thriving and vibrant Black community in the Carolinas, and how its story is still relevant today.
For more information on all group opportunities
Including additional costs for guided experiences and group scheduling, please email Lindsay Fairbrother-Henige or submit the interest form below.