Effective Date: August 10, 2021
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Information We Share
- Links to Other Services and Features
- How To Contact Us
Information We Obtain
The types of information we may obtain about you when you visit or use the Services include:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number, postal address and email address;
- Donation and membership information, such as contribution amount, recurring gift election and/or membership type, username, password and payment information (including billing address, payment card number, card security code and expiration date);
- Reservation and booking information, such as school or group name, requested date and referral information;
- Your App rewards balance;
- Geolocation information; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through writing or liking a comment, rating our app, filling out surveys and web forms, emails or other communications.
In addition, when you use the Services, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, server logs, device logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include the device type used, your device IP address, device identifiers and similar unique identifiers, device settings and configurations, usage statistics, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, actions taken on the Services and dates and times of usage and website visits.
We may use these automated technologies on the Services to collect information about your equipment, actions and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the Services; (3) tailor the Services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of the Services and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our services, and help ensure they are working properly.
We also may use third-party analytics on our Services. The vendors that administer these services use automated technologies to collect data (such as your IP address) to evaluate use of our Services. The information we obtain through the Services may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services.
For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Note, that without certain automated technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Services.
The Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain about you through the Services to:
- Provide our Services to you;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with marketing and other communications or notifications regarding our services), respond to inquiries and offer customer support;
- Establish and manage your membership and account;
- Process and manage your donations;
- Process and manage your reservations and bookings;
- Personalize your experience with the Services;
- Administer participation in surveys, promotions or other programs;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including managing the Services; managing rewards; developing new services; enhancing and improving our Services; managing our communications; analyzing our Services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of the Services and prevent misuse; and
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and Levine Museum policies and terms.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates, donors and prospective donors. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform certain services on our behalf.
In addition, we may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Links to Other Services and Features
For your convenience and information, the Services may provide links to other online services and features, including apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or features are not owned or controlled by Levine Museum, we are not responsible for these parties’ information practices.
How To Contact Us