- New South for the New Southerner »
- History Matters Programs
- Access History
- For Members
- Museum Events
- Outreach and Classroom Programs
- Professional Development
- ¡NUEVOlution! Curriculum
- The Latino New South: Surprising Facts
- The 7 Insights
- Long-Distance Collaboration
- Latino Demographics in the New South
- Conducting Listening Sessions
- - 10 Things to Know »
New South for the New Southerner: How Charlotte Got Segregated
Wednesday, Oct. 21 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Historian Dr. Tom Hanchett’s powerful presentation based on his book Sorting Out the New South City provides context for today’s debates over race, history and our city’s future.
$5 for Museum members, $12 for non-members. Includes program, wine and a Southern buffet dinner from Mert’s Heart and Soul! Reservations required as space is limited.
Presented by Marsh Properties, sponsored by Mert’s Heart and Soul, and The Charlotte Observer