- New South for the New Southerner
- Family Days
- Access History
- For Members
- Museum Events
- Adult and Family Tours
- Field Trips K-12
- ¡NUEVOlution! Curriculum
- Outreach and Classroom Programs
- The Latino New South: Surprising Facts
- The 7 Insights
- Long-Distance Collaboration
- Latino Demographics in the New South
- Conducting Listening Sessions
- - 10 Things to Know
NUEVO Día Dialogues
NUEVO Día is a facilitated dialogue series designed around our newest exhibit, ¡NUEVOlution! Latinos and the New South.
Nonprofit, civic, corporate, community, church and school groups are invited to explore the ¡NUEVOlution! exhibit and then discuss what it means to live in the Nuevo South, amidst the many diverse encounters shaping life, work and the community. The 2.5-hour experience for groups or teams of 8 – 20 people includes an exhibit visit, time for personal reflection and a facilitated conversation designed to connect your group in new ways and deepen understanding of the changes occurring in this newest New South. Groups will consider where they see themselves reflected in the exhibit, as well as how they are responding to the dramatic change in our community and across the region.
Thanks to a grant from PriceWaterhouseCoopers, the first 40 nonprofit and community-based groups pay only $25 for the entire experience. We still have slots available.
In addition to the dialogues for groups, the Museum if offering a new dialogue model for individuals ages 20-40. NUEVO Día Cultural Connectors is a 10-month dialogue program allowing 20 emerging leaders to meet and delve deeper into issues related to the exhibit and to learn how to facilitate dialogues on their own.
If you are interested in scheduling a dialogue for your group, or participating in the Cultural Connector program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information contact Kamille Bostick, VP of Education at email@example.com or 704.333.1887 ext. 233.
NUEVO Día Dialogues for Groups
- Offered Tuesday-Thursday at 8-10:30 a.m.; 12-2:30 p.m. or 4-6:30 p.m. Third Sunday of the month from 2-4:30 p.m.
- NonProfit Groups: $250 single session; $400 for 2 sessions; $500 for 3 sessions
- Corporate Groups: $400 single session; $1,000 for 3 sessions; $1,500 for 5 sessions
Nuevo Día dialogues are possible thanks to generous support from Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation, Reemprise Fund and PricewaterhouseCoopers.