Levine Museum of the New South’s mission is to connect the past to the future to realize the promises of a New South.
Levine Museum uses history to build a just and equitable community through exhibits, programs, and services that help people understand the world today through the lens of history and inspire them to imagine a stronger, more equitable future. As Charlotte’s premiere memory-keeper and storyteller, Levine Museum serves adults, families, students and educators, corporations, and civic organizations through experiences that animate history and through dialogue, grounded in history, aimed at making a difference.
At a time of growth and change, the Museum’s central administration serves a critical role in supporting all facets of the organization. Levine Museum seeks a well-organized, service-oriented Office Administrator who will oversee a variety of functions to ensure the efficient operations of the administrative offices.
The Office Administrator directly supports senior staff, collaborates with staff across the Museum, and serves as primary point of contact with the Board of Directors.
Essential duties include:
Supporting the CEO and Board
- Provide daily administrative support for President; assist with scheduling meetings and calendar reminders for senior staff; coordinate meeting logistics, and manage travel arrangements as necessary; handle correspondence and record-keeping.
- Serve as administrative liaison between Museum management and the Board of Directors; maintain a schedule of meetings of the full Board and Board committees; secure space as needed and manage meeting logistics; send invitations and reminders. Attend board meetings, record meeting minutes, and forward to President for review. Attend additional board committee meetings as assigned. Maintain complete files of all Board-related documents.
- Assist in maintaining donor database, inputting checks, updating contact records, running regular reports, and generating donor communications including acknowledgements, appeals, pledge reminders, and giving statements;
- Support event and development staff with logistics surrounding donor events, including the annual fundraising event.
Managing the Administrative Office
- Procure office supplies, maintain institutional memberships and subscriptions, and create and maintain appropriate automated and paper files. Monitor the administration budget and assist with budget creation.
A HS diploma or equivalent and 3 years of work experience in an office experience required;
Experience with Microsoft Office required, familiarity with donor database software highly desirable;
Excellent communications and organizational skills, and a sense of humor essential;
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, to develop systems and processes when needed, and to take the initiative in finding creative solutions to sometimes complex problems.
Ability to juggle multiple priorities, manage a diverse workload, and maintain confidentiality essential.
This position may require weekend and evening work on occasion.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kate McAllister, Director, Corporate & Foundation Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. At Levine Museum of the New South, diversity and inclusion are core values. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected class. We strongly encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com