Levine Museum of the New Southʼs mission is to connect the past to the future to realize the promises of a New South. Levine Museum uses history to build a just and equitable community through experiences, programs, and services. As Charlotteʼs premiere memory-keeper and storyteller, Levine Museum serves adults, families, students and educators, corporations, and civic organizations through experiences that animate history and through dialogue, grounded in history, aimed at making a difference.
The Finance Manager assists the Chief Financial Officer with all aspects of the Museum’s financial and accounting systems and processes, including but not limited to: accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, financial controls and reporting, and compliance. This position is part of a uniquely cross-functional operations team that must understand and serve all museum departments and often cultivate relationships with vendors and visitors as well.
- Manages and executes accounting processes related to accounts payable and accounts receivable ensuring timely processing of billings, payments, and appropriate allocation of revenue
- Coordinates and implements accounting activities of the Museum including financial reporting, cash flow analysis, and account reconciliations
- Coordinates the management of payroll processes and benefits reconciliation activities and participates in Human Resources activities including onboarding and annual benefits plan design
- Prepares financial reports to support monetary controls, capital projects, and project-specific budgets
- Manages compliance, including sales tax and other tax filings
- Assists with annual audit and 990 preparation with external accounting firm
- Assists with annual budget creation and monthly forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or like business function, with a minimum of two years accounting experience with an accounting firm, corporation, or (preferably) non-profit
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly building complex Excel spreadsheets
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and demonstrated adaptability
- Passion for the Museum’s mission of using history to build community and a willingness to support programming for public events that sometimes fall outside of typical working hours and regular job duties
Please send a resume and cover letter to Lisa Horldt, Chief Financial Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. At Levine Museum of the New South, diversity and inclusion are core values. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected class. We strongly encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com