- History Matters Programs
- Access History
- Book Club
- Breaking Bread -- SOLD OUT
- Panel Discussions
- For Members
- Outreach and Classroom Programs »
- Professional Development
- ¡NUEVOlution! Curriculum
- The Latino New South: Surprising Facts
- The 7 Insights
- Long-Distance Collaboration
- Latino Demographics in the New South
- Conducting Listening Sessions
- - 10 Things to Know
Outreach and Classroom Programs
Bring the Museum to your school or community center with our educational and tailored programs. A Museum educator will visit your classroom to facilitate, or you can order the materials to lead your own lesson. These programs present an integrated social studies curriculum that addresses both the Common Core and NC Essential standards covering history, civics and governance, geography, culture and use of informational texts.
Programs are targeted to specific grade levels:
Elementary grade students will learn to understand individual, political, economic and social influences on regions; analyze chronology of key historical events; use historical thinking skills; and understand location and impact of diverse cultures in North Carolina and the U.S.
- Grades: 3, 4, 5
- Objectives: 3.H.1, 3.H.2, 3.E.1, 3.C&G.2, 3.C.1, 4.G1, 4.E.1, 4.C.1, 5.C&G.2
Middle grade students will learn to understand individual, political, economic and social influences on regions, use historical thinking skills; and understand location and impact of diverse cultures as well as how conflict and compromise affected North Carolina and the U.S.
- Grades: 6, 7, 8
- Objectives: 6.H.1, 6.H.2, 7.H.1, 7.C.1, 8.H.1, 8.H.2, 8.H.3, 8.C&G.1, 8.C&G.2, 8.C.1
ALL GRADES (3-12)
- Common Core Literacy in History/Social Studies and Informational Texts
To schedule one of our outreach programs please contact Eric Scott or 704.333.1887 ext.224. Please provide grade level, number of students (maximum of 35 students), program topic and three possible dates for the program. Two weeks advance notice is required.